HISTORY OF NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY CELEBRATION IN INDIA :
From then, the national science day was started celebrating all across India as a good event within the field of Indian science. it’s celebrated every year by students, teachers, scientists and researchers in all the faculties, colleges, universities, establishment as well as scientific, academic, medical, technical and analysis establishment of India. On the first celebration ceremony of the National Science Day in India, the National Council for Science and Technology Communication had declared the institution of the National Science Popularization awards in order to recognize an excellent and wonderful endeavor in the field of science communication and popularization.
Sir Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman had worked from 1907 to 1933 at the Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata, West Bengal in India during which he had researched on many topics of the Physics from which the Raman Effect became his great success and discovery which has been marked in the Indian history. For his big invention, he was honored through the various Indian awards including the Nobel Prize in the year 1930. From the year 2013, the “Raman Effect” has been designated as an International Historic Chemical Landmark by The American Chemical Society.
During the national science day celebration of the year 2009, the Indian Department of Science and Technology has awarded the five Indian institutions through the National Award for Science Communication in order to recognize the big efforts and achievements of the Indian scientists of the government and non-government organizations for popularizing and leading the modern science in the country. The Vikram Sarabhai Community Science Centre was given the highest award in the year 2009 to recognize its big contribution to the science.
OBJECTIVES OF CELEBRATING NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY
- National Science Day is being celebrated every year to widely spread a message about the significance of scientific applications in the daily life of the people.
- To display the all the activities, efforts and achievements in the field of science for human welfare.
- To discuss all the issues and implement new technologies for the development of the science.
- To give an opportunity to the scientifically minded citizens in the country.
- To encourage the people as well as popularize the Science and Technology.