Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2018
The Coachella Valley Music Arts Festival which is commonly referred to as Coachella or the Coachella Festival is an annual music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley, in the Colorado Desert.
Coachella Music Festival
Coachella, the event features many genres of music, including rock, indie, hip-hop, and electronic dance music, as well as art installations and sculptures. Across the grounds, several stages continuously host live music. The main stages are the: Coachella Stage, Gobi Tent, Mojave Tent, Outdoor Theatre, and Sahara Tent; a smaller Oasis Dome was used in 2006 and 2011, while a new Yuma stage was introduced in 2013.
Where Is Coachella?
Coachella takes place in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley within the Colorado Desert. The festival is hosted at the 78-acre Empire Polo Club; when accounting for land used for parking and camping, the event covers a footprint of over 600 acres. The site is about 125 miles east of Los Angeles.
The Coachella staff has scoured the Internet and found a dozen area campsite and RV locations to help you find alternative off-site camping.
Make Coachella a full four days of fun with on-site camping. Build your own oasis in car and tent camping, or check into one of our fully-equipped premium camping options.
General On-Site Camping Rules
- All camping attendees must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid ID or else be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Each camping attendee must have their own festival pass for entrance.
- Camping spot decals are non-transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass with which it was originally ordered. If you purchased multiple festival passes and a single camping spot, the camping spot will only be valid with one of the festivals passes from that order. This is to help thwart scalping of camping spots and making camping available to actual onsite campers.
- All on-site camping opens Thursday at 9:00a and closes on Monday at 10:00a each weekend. Early arrival is highly recommended.
- CHECK IN TIMES: Cars driving in to check in for Car Camping, Tent Camping, and Lake Eldorado can check in Thu from 9:00a-2:00a and Fri-Sun from 9:00a-10:00p.
- Check-in for pedestrians is 24-hours.
- No camping is allowed on weekends.
- All general Car Camping and Tent Camping attendees can visit each others’ campsites.
- There will be on-site security at all times.
- First aid stations will be open 24-hours.
- Venue/promoter are not responsible for any materials misplaced, lost or stolen. It is recommended that you do not bring valuable items. If you do bring valuable items, please lock them in your car. Do not leave valuable items in your tent.
- All campers are expected to behave in a manner that is courteous to other campers.
- Noise curfew is at 1:30a.
- Please be advised all car/tent camping lots will be on lockdown between the hours of 10 pm – 2 am nightly. If you need to leave prior to 2 am on Sunday, you need to do so before 10 pm.
- No wrapped or sponsored vehicles. Your vehicle will be turned away at the toll booth if it has ads, marketing, sponsors or company logos on it. This does not apply to the logos from rental car companies.
- No branded or logo pop-up canopies or tents are allowed.
- All camping attendees are subject to search upon entry.
- Surrendered items are considered forfeited upon entry. No items will be returned, regardless of what any staff member tells you.
- Feel free to bring your own food and beverages into onsite camping. Please refer to Camping FAQs for what is allowed.
- No glass containers of any kind, weapons, knives (including cooking and steak knives), drugs or drug paraphernalia will be allowed.
- No animals will be allowed in the campground.
- No open flames.
- No squirt guns/water toys
- No tiki torches, fireworks or any types of explosives or ammunition.
- No tanks of compressed air, helium, nitrous, etc.
- No party balloons.
- No slip-n-slides.
- No metal tent stakes.
- No drones, remote control aircraft or toy cars.
- No hoverboards or motorized scooters.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR LAKE ELDORADO CAMPING
Lake Eldorado campers can visit all other general campsites, however, the Lake Eldorado campsite is restricted to Lake Eldorado patrons only.
Each Lake Eldorado order will come with one parking pass in the adjacent parking lot with daily in/out privileges all day Thu and from 2:00a-10:00a Fri-Sun.
If you have other guests arriving at a later time, it is recommended that you purchase a Companion Parking pass in addition to your order. Camping Companion Parking is the only on-site overnight parking option available for additional guests. There are no car ins/outs from that lot.
Teepees and tents are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Arrive early to ensure your favorite location at Lake Eldorado.
- Damage to teepees or tents will be billed directly to your credit card.
- No swimming in Lake Eldorado.
- No animals will be allowed at Lake Eldorado. See our ADA page for more information.
- No pop-up tents or canopies will be allowed.
- No campfires, tiki torches, fireworks or any types of explosives will be allowed.
- No smoking inside the tents or teepees.
- Lake Eldorado campers must abide by all listed general camping rules on this page.
Radiohead will headline Friday night of the music festival, with Beyoncé on Saturday and Kendrick Lamar on Sunday. Coachella will once again occupy two weekends in Indio this spring, April 14 through 16 and April 21 through 23, with identical lineups for each.
Coachella Outfits and Coachella Outfits Ideas
Coachella 2018 is coming with its own diversity and new amazing experiences. Sure, Coachella is a music festival first and foremost, but only second to the music is the all-festival-long fashion show you see on concertgoers–these music enthusiasts turn it out in the style department, see the Coachella inspired outfits. These 10 Best Coachella Outfits and Coachella Outfits Ideas You Must Try.