National Safety Day / National Safety Week / National Safety Council
The National Safety Day/Week Campaign is celebrated in India every year (organized by the National Safety Council) on 4th of March. National Safety Day is celebrated to create safety awareness among people.
National Safety Council is a premier, non-profit, self-financing and tripartite apex body at the national level in India. It is an autonomous body, which was set up by the Government of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment on 4 March 1966 to generate, develop and sustain a voluntary movement on Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) at the national level.
It is celebrated with great enthusiasm to make aware the people about how to get prevented from the industrial accidents by exhibiting widespread safety awareness programs in the public sectors which have not been covered by any safety legislation. During whole week campaign celebration, varieties of specific activities are displayed to the people as per the safety requirements.
National Safety Day/Week 2018
National Safety Day/Week is a whole week safety campaign which is celebrated from 4th of March to the 10th of March every year.
National Safety Day/Week Vision
Serving the Society by creating a preventive culture, scientific mindset and organized approach to SHE issues. It is our belief that these issues are a basic humanitarian concern. We equally believe that their effective address is greatly facilitated if their intrinsic relationship with quality and productivity is well demonstrated.
National Safety Day/Week Objectives
- National Safety Day/Week is celebrated on a national level all over the country to aware people about safety including the various health and environmental movements.
- It is celebrated to get the goal of the great level of the public participation to play the major safety rules in different industrial sectors.
- Through the campaign celebration, it is largely promoted the utilization of participative approach by the owners of the company by promoting their staffs in the safety, health and environmental activities.
- Through this campaign, the need-based activities, self-observance with legal requisites and professional SHE (safety, health and environmental) activities are encouraged among staffs at the workplaces.
- Workplace safety is promoted to a great level by reminding the employers and employees including other staffs of their legal responsibilities.
National Safety Day/Week Activities
- Conducting specialized training Courses, Conferences, Seminars & Workshops all over the Nation
- Conducting consultancy studies such as Safety Audits, Hazard Evaluation, Emergency Management Planning & Risk Assessment
- Designing and developing HSE promotional materials & publications
- Facilitating organizations in celebrating various campaigns e.g. Road safety week, Safety Day, Fire Service Week, World Environment Day
- Organised many national and international conferences e.g. XIII World Congress (1993) and XI APOSHO Conference (1995) and implemented many a prestigious project